The Institute for Electoral, Social and Method Research - a Short Portrait
Since foundation in 1980, mathematical-statistical method research upon all fields of empirical electoral research is the central point of our work. In detail:
- Ecological inference (voter transitions, voting behavior / voter transitions for social structure / demography)
- Ecological analysis (area typification and correlations of variables over areas)
- Sampling (official representative electoral statistics, electoral reporting, exit polls)
- Forecast (official representative electoral statistics, electoral reporting, exit polls)
- Optimal classification of electoral districts (redistricting) and precincts
- General research in particular upon the fields multivariate methods and cluster analysis as well as the combination of both
- Contract research for special problems
- Own programming (FORTRAN-based) from the start belongs to the kernel of our activities, ordered programming is carried out if required.
- The spectrum of clients contains both the commercial and the non-commercial sector:
- Newspapers in Germany, Austria, Switzerland and the USA (current voter transition and splitting analyses global and regional)
- Political parties in Germany, Austria, Switzerland and the USA (current analyses, mobilization studies)
- Television and radio stations (electoral reporting)
- Statistical offices (federal, federal state and local level)
- Commercial clients for the field market research
- We cooperate with other institutes if required.
- In 2014 a concluding publication about voter transitions is intended (The Final Solution of the Individual and Ecological Inference Problem).